If you want to make the most out of your casino money, chances are, you would head straight to the gambling card games. Not only do they have a favorable house edge, but most require a luck and skills to win the pot. A seasoned player can make good money out of select card games if the odds are in his favor. However this type of games in the casino takes a while to master.
Here are the top 3 gambling card games in the casino today:
The objective of playing baccarat is to choose a hand where the player will place his bet. His choice would the one he thinks will end up getting the closest number to 9. The game mechanics are straightforward:
- You choose what hand to bet on – whether on the player, the banker or the tie.
- After placing the bet, you are dealt with two cards.
- The winning hand is the one who has the highest total sum of the cards. The cards are added in a way that the tens place is not considered (ex: 10+5=5, not 15 in Baccarat). Face cards don’t have value.
- Aces count only as 1.
- How do you win: If you place your bet on the player or the banker and win, then you win a score 1:1 – meaning your bet amount of $10 will become $20. However, if you place your bet in tie and win, you will receive a score of 8:1. This means to say that your bet of $10 will win 8x higher. So you will receive $10 + $80.
- In some cases where you neither placed a bet on a banker or a player’s hand and the card dealt is a tie, your bet amount will be returned to you.
The goal of this gambling card game is to technically reach the value 21 without going over. Once you do, you get a bust and lose the game. The game begins with the player being dealt with two cards, then based on your hand you have three options:
- Hit—You are dealt another card to add to your total. You can hit as many as you want to reach 21 or any lower number of your choice.
- Stand—You stop accepting card deals and the turn passes to the next player
- Double Down—You double your bet, take one last card and end your turn.
- Split—If you have duplicate cards in your hand (for example two 5’s), you can choose to split them into separate hands, which have separate total and bets.
When playing Black Jack, what most people forget is the fact that they are not playing to beat fellow players, but in reality the goal is to beat the dealer. A dealer’s goal is to reach the number 17 by continuously drawing cards until they reach that number. Unlike the players, the dealer doesn’t have a choice whether to hit or stand. Knowing this, you can modify your play strategy to make sure that your hand beats the dealer’s.
Considered to be the best gambling card games in a casino, video poker increases your chances of winning big by up to five times! These perks however, are only available to the players who know how to play the game with a good strategy. This means a considerable skill level is also required. How to play this game:
- All players are dealt with five cards.
- Decide which cards to keep and whether to draw a new card to replace the ones you discarded.
- You can win the game by acquiring the traditional winning poker hands like straight flush, full house and the coveted Royal Flush.
These 3 gambling card games are some of the best games you can play when you go to a casino. It is vital though, that you know how to play them well for you to win. However, most casino players will attest that just like in any form of gambling – lady luck plays an important hand for one to win big. Without one or the other, it is wise to know when to push and when to fold.
Which of the three gambling card games do you like best?